Saturday, November 15, 2008

Waking up in the Boondocks

It's approaching noon, and I have just awoken in the basement of the Zaidis' house out in Chantilly, VA (a suburb about an hour west of Washington D.C.). As I crawled into bed last night, I had a startling revelation - I have my own bedroom here! When I visit most friends close to my age, I have to inflate an air mattress or rearrange couch cushions before settling into dreamland. Over here, I simply tuck myself in to a full-size bed - comforters, pillows, and sheets included.

In addition to having my own bedroom, the Zaidis have treated me to 3 corn dogs, cherry limeade, an unlimited supply of Skittles and Snickers, HDTV, and Playstation 3 in the 15 hours that I've been here. With all these amenities and a beautiful 6-month old girl, Rania, making her presence felt, I feel more like a 10-year old visiting my aunt and uncle than a young adult taking a road trip across the country.

Speaking of aunty and uncle, the Zaidis will be contributing to this blog in the next day or two. Keep an eye out for that!

2 comments:

  1. dude, i am jealous, glad you are having fun on the road trip...give Rania some love from Uncle O!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where my zaidi's at!? Give my baby some hugs and kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete