Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nuggets-Hornets Game 1 Observations

1. Why does the media always laud Chris Paul for playing so well for being such a small player? He doesn't look that small to me. Look at him standing next to Billups, maybe an inch or two shorter at most. Am I the only one that feels this way?

2. Denver is a lot better than I thought. Billups, Melo, JR Smith can light it up at anytime. Nene, Martin, and Chris Anderson are fairly physical inside. Ok, maybe they're not that great but still better than I thought.

3. Dos Equis commercial. "I don't always drink beer, but when I do...I prefer Dos Equis." My life sucks!

4. This is a very physical game. I predict a fight before the series is over. Tyson Chandler will definitely be involved from the Hornets side. Nene, Melo, or Kenyon Martin from the Nuggets.

5. Speaking of fights, remember when Van Gundy held onto Zo's leg for dear life?!! Never would I have imagined him being one of my favorite NBA personalities at that time of my life (which he now is).

6. As I watch the NBA Playoffs, I wonder how anybody can like watching baseball better than basketball.

7. On that note, the NBA Playoffs beats March Madness by a landslide. Yeah, I said it.

8. Okay, back to the Nuggets-Hornets game. 94-69 Nuggets with 9:06 left in the game. Nothing to report here.

9. Just saw a commercial with Charles Barkley. Have met him twice and love the fact that he's a friendly, funny, down-to-earth guy but still find it funny that he aspires to be Governor of Alabama. If there is a state where he can make those dreams happen, states like Alabama, Arkansas, and Louisiana are definitely the ones to do it in. See Bobby Jindal.

10. Having just thrown Arkansas under the bus, I must say I am always perplexed that both Bill Clinton and Wal-Mart, two American icons, sowed their roots in such a crap hole of a state. What does this say about our country? Arkansans, don't mind me...I've never even been to your state. I'm just from Texas and have been told your state sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment